Guest post by Create
Brighton Mini Maker Faire sponsor Create is excited to launch a crafty competition ‘Look What I Made’, to get kids making, creating, drawing, building, inventing and having fun in August!
What you can win
Create has five pairs of tickets to Brighton Mini Maker Faire, five sets of 50 free business cards from Moo and one full year’s subscription to Create’s website builder up for grabs.
How to enter
Here’s what you need to do to stand a chance of winning this fun competition:
1) Take a photograph of your child with something awesome they’ve made. It could be a picture, a model, a contraption, even a fort! High-resolution photos are best.
2) Send an email to [email protected] with the photo attached, including the child’s name, their age, where you are from and a description of the creation in the picture.
3) Create will be putting together a gallery of the creations received at its Facebook page and will send you an email with a link to the photo on Facebook. If you ‘Like’ Create on Facebook you’ll be among the first to see updates on the competition!
4) Promote your Facebook photo as much as possible! ‘Like’ it, comment on it, share it, tweet it, tell everyone you know! To get some extra reach, just add the hashtag #LookWhatIMade and don’t forget to tag @create and @MakerFaireBTN.
5) When the competition closes at 23:59 on Monday 26th August, the photos will be judged by the Create team. The five winners will receive two pairs of tickets to Brighton Mini Maker Faire and a discount code for 50 free (not inc. shipping) business cards from Moo. The overall winner will also receive a year’s free subscription to Create.
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is Create Internet Ltd, Unit 5 Westergate Business Centre, Westergate Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 4QN.
2. The promotion is only open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Create Internet Ltd and its agents.
3. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value if, due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the stated prizes are no longer available. No cash or other alternatives to the prizes are available.
5. By entering the competition and submitting their images and details to Create, entrants agree that these images and details can be published on the Create website, in its press releases, on its Twitter stream at http://www.twitter.com/create, on its related online platforms and on the online platforms and press releases of its partner, Brighton Mini Maker Faire.
6. By entering winners agree that if they win they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by The Promoter or its agencies.
7. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by any other additional rules and requirements set out in the competition’s promotional material. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. Each entrant is entitled to a maximum of one entry to each competition.
9. The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or damage suffered through acceptance of the prize.
10. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
11. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the running of the competition, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
12. To the full extent permitted by law the Promoter will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this promotion beyond its reasonable control.
13. The promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
14. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.