- Every Thursday from 7pm at Rodhus
- BuildBrighton's weekly build nights are designed to bring the community together to work on projects collaboratively and to provide an environment to share knowledge and skills, and to have a beer or two with friends.
The the last Sunday of each month we gather to discuss interesting cooking techniques, often with demonstrations from Buildbrighton Members. More info
- See the main home page for information about upcoming events.
- 19th Feb, 26th Feb, 5th Mar 2011
- For this years Brighton Science Festival, we're running a series of workshops designed to help build up the skills needed to create your own electronics projects - from simple soldering, through an introduction to electronics, leading up to microprocessor programming.
- The workshops will be running each Saturday during the festival - 19th Feb, 26th Feb, 5th Mar. Spaces are limited, so please see the project page for information on booking.
- When? Saturday the 15th of January 2011
- What? Try to post a cupcake 1000 miles, more details on the Cupcake Hackathon page
- 30th October 2010
- For the White Night 2010 celebrations in Brighton, we ran a soldering workshop for drop-in folk to make an interactive IR & RGB LED badge, that senses the presence of other badges in its vicinity and shares colours between the devices. And Zombies.
- Thursday the 13th of May, 2010.
- This workshop will introduce the use of the cross platform, open source audio programming language Supercollider. Its use as a live coding system will be explored after a short introduction to how musicians, scientists and artists use this environment in their work.
Robot Takeover & Therething
- 30th October 2009
- Robot Takeover was a fund raising event for BuildBrighton which took place at Komedia. It consisted of talks, demonstrations and live coding performances. The evening ended with the presentation of the digital pseudo-theremin (Therething) designed and made by BuildBrighton to the electronica DJs Evil Nine.