Revision as of 07:03, 28 May 2011 by Barnoid
On this page we can list the good places we know for parts.
- The Shop
- Why go online, when we've got what yo need?
- Our very own Robot Steve's shop - robot kits and servos a specialty.
- Arduino and accessories and more.
- Freeduino and accessories and more.
- General Arduino and Adafruit distributor in the UK. Mention you are from the Brighton Hackspace at he may give you a discount.
- YERobot sell various Freeduino bits (cheap Mega!) and other useful robot-like sensors.
- Earthshine sounds a bit hippy, but it's actually a nice Arduino shop run by Mike from the London Hackspace. Specialises in Starter Kits. Discounts for BB members upon request.
- Harrison Electronics is a small outfit in March, Cambridgeshire. The website stocks a very good range of 'Bread and Butter' components as well as some more complex ICs, etc.
- As of 17.05.11,
- the Potentiometer (Variable resistor) page seems to be under construction at the moment as well as a few other, admittedly less vital, ones. Hopefully, this will be resolved shortly as they are very cheap and you can buy in small quantities.
- Things to remember:
- You can order in small quantities - No buying 10,000 of a random Capacitor value just to get the one you need
- No minimum order - YAY
- Postage starts at £0.75
- If you want components delivered to an address OTHER than your billing address for your card, perhaps think about PayPal or a Bank Transfer
- (Mike) - Seems to be good for various audio kits and discretes
- (Luke) - Made my first order through Harrison Electronics yesterday (16.05.11) and it arrived this morning (17.05.11) as described and packaged really securely
- Lots of good stuff, cheap and quick shipping.
- Arduino and shields, kits and more.
- All kinds of stuff for cheap.
- Cheep short run PCB fabrication (run by the Sparkfun people)
- UK Based PCB fabricator. Averagely priced but for more money can turn around designs very fast.
- Chinese based fabricator. Very cheap for runs in the tens of boards region.